Monday, August 24, 2009


Hi everybody, I hope you had a great weekend. I did. I have been sewing up some dolls. They are 20" tall and have a shaped body. Two are mermaid dolls. Not finished yet but I'll have a pic when they are ready to sell.

I also stitched 2 embroidery squares. We went to Walmart and did a little shopping.
My big buy is a 21' flat screed moniter for my computer. Things sure look better on it. I don't have to scroll so much while working on my farmtown farm now. lol!!

For the past few years I have been teaching in a small private school. I was in a
1 & 2nd combo for a while. Then in a 3 & 4th combo but this year our school has not had the enrollment that we need to keep all the teachers. We went from over 100 kids to less than 35. So this year we are combining classes and only using 4 teachers for grades k-8. That means someone must go. Unfortunately, one of the ones to go was me. I'll miss the kids but I did find a new job in just a few days.

I'll be working part time in a Thrift Store. I have worked in this store before. It is a fun job. You never know what will come in the door everyday. It is also a very social job. Talking to lots of people and a real casual atmosphere is so enjoyable. You get to check out the good deals frist also!! I'll probably be posting a lot about it.

This week is also special because I'll get to spend some time with my youngest daughter, Ashley. I don't get to be with her much because she married a Navy man and is often living far away (Washington, Georgia, Florida). She has an adorable son, Aiden, 4 years old. I havn't spent time with him for a while so I am excited to see them both. Hubby, Zack is not able to be with them this time. I'm sorry about that but hopefully we will get to see him at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment