Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thinking about Spring

This is a photo of the area right outside of my back door.
It was taken last year.
It is a peaceful spot.
I love it!!
This is a neglected corner of the back yard.

I started raking some of the pine needles up today.

I'd like to make this a really pretty spot, It has 2 azalias and one gardenia bush.

Can you picture a water feature and some big pots of flowers and maybe some

elephant ears and canna lillies?

How about a rock border?

Some gazing balls?

I'm thinking about it,

while I think, I'm raking pine needles and picking up pine cones.

Soon I'll have some of those ideas worked out.
I'll show ya what I came up with!



6 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful backyard. So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll have it looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the impatiens you grew last year. It will be interesting to see what you do and watch it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna,
    I like your backyard and I like your ideas. Can't wait to see it.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to a warm and sunny spring too
    I cleaned out some flower beds today and was happy to see my tulips, daffodils and iris are all close to blooming, I also planted some petunias and begonias in pots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna!

    Thank you so much for following my blog :D I really would suggest a water feature in any garden..the sound of the water gently trickling is soo relaxing. I love to hear it on warm summer evenings after feeling full from a very yummy BBQ! They can be gorgeous to look at too.

    I hope to read great posts from you in the future : )

    Gemma X

    ReplyDelete