Thursday, May 20, 2010

Shell Painting

When our grandchildren come to visit we do shell painting.
These are some that we have painted in previous years.
I put them in a tote and store them away for the winter so they will last longer.
In the spring, like now, I take them out of the tote and spray them off with
water and let them dry in the sun and then touch them up and spray them with
clear acrylic paint.


I arrange them in the yard and patio so when the grands come again they can remember them
and they are excited to do some more painting.

We have quite a few and I love to look at them.
I hope the kids will always remember comming to the beach and painting
shells with their grandmother.

Just as I have always remembered painting with my grandfather.




7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend time with your grandchildren.....and the shells are really pretty.......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will more than just remember painting those shells, Donna...they will treaure the time spent with you painting them! Your shells are beautiful mementos! Some seem to be real budding artists!
    My grandchildren have painted rocks and baked clay objects they made with me.
    ♥...Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. How whimsical! And how 'memory making'. No shell will look the same to them ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun. I do not have shells, but you have inspired me to have my grands paint rocks they find at the beach when they come for a visit in July. :) Your grands are quite the little artists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, that is such a wonderful thing to do. What a wonderful grandmother you must be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now that is fun, we used to do that with our kids too, have a great Sunday.
    Hugs Barbara♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like so much fun! You've created memories with your grand kids that will never go away...very creative and so pretty!

    Gemma X

    ReplyDelete